Serving the school children of QLD and NSW for over 35 years – “A camp icon”
‘NEW OWNERSHIP & MANAGEMENT” SINCE JANUARY 2020 that means NEW & IMPROVED FACILITIES & CAMP EXPERIENCE!
School camp at Midginbil is an unforgettable outdoor nature adventure!
Our passion is getting kids outdoors & connected in nature & disconnected from devices, in a safe & supported environment.
Located in the picturesque Tweed Valley, Northern NSW, on the 400acre historic Midginbil property of lush, green landscape. Just over 1hr from the Coolangatta, QLD airport & the iconic Byron Bay, NSW.
Our affordable camp packages include tailored activity programs, delicious, wholesome food and comfortable, country style accommodation. All rooms have their own recently refurbished ensuites.
We make booking and all administration very simple for school office staff.
We design comprehensive programmes for each school’s approval and ensure our extensive briefing material leaves nothing unanswered.
- Tailored camp packages include accommodation, activities & meals
- We focus activities around team building, individual responsibility and trust, we encourage students to break through their inhibitions by taking small steps whilst having fun in a beautiful, natural environment.
- Safety is our priority for the students, teachers/supervisors & our staff. We comply with the Australian Adventure Activity Standards & work with Outdoors NSW to continue improving our school camp experience.
- We serve generous helpings of healthy foods and cater for most dietary requirements.
- Students are under our care from 8am to 4pm allowing teachers to enjoy a stress free and relaxing camp.
- All of our activity staff are fully trained, have qualifications & very experienced outdoor leaders.
- All of our activity staff hold first aid certificates and carry a first aid kit when away from base camp.
- Our team are passionate about getting kids outdoors, having fun & building rapport with kids on camp to understand their needs, encourage them to expand out of their comfort zone & develop new skills of resilience, team work & individual achievements
- Our focus is disconnecting from devices & connecting in nature. The great outdoors is the outdoor classroom, where students imaginations can be inspired, their abilities & achievements of what they can do are ignited.
- All staff have a NSW Working With Children Check & First Aid
We are a COVID-19 safe registered business, and have our COVID-19 management plans in place according to the NSW Government regulations.
We are proud members of Outdoors NSW & Australian Camps Association.
When you’re not enjoying our stunning surroundings and native wildlife & our resident bird family including geese, guinea fowl & chooks. Students can be challenged with a range of fun and rewarding outdoor activities, including:
- Low ropes Course
- Bushwalking, Rainforest Walk & Eco Walk
- Bush Survivor
- Camp Skills
- Raft Building
- By the Creek
- Obstacle Course
- Initiative Games
All led by our experienced outdoor leaders who ensure maximum entertainment and safety, and an enjoyable learning experienced for all.
To keep you fuelled, our innovative culinary team fully cater all our guests, and are renowned for their healthy and hearty cuisine inspired by local produce.
Include: Pool, tennis court & volley ball net, a large grassy area for a game of cricket or kicking the footy.
Extra activities after dark include: Night Hike with one of our experienced guides & campfire.
Extra Day activities include: Snake & Reptile Show by external providers. They are very experienced & have operated their business for many years to many students in the area.
Our property is ideally located on a 400 acre property, bordered by the rainforests of the stunning, Tweed Valley, in the Northern Rivers, New South Wales.
Just 2 hours south of Brisbane, 45 minutes drive south from Coolangatta, and 3 hours north of Coffs Harbour.